Mountfield Parish Council strives to ensure that its services are accessible to people with disabilities. We have investested a significant amount of resources to help ensure that our website is made easier to use and more accessible for people with disabilities, with the strong belief that every person has the right to live with dignity, equality, comfort and independence.
Accessibility on www.mountfield.org.uk
Our website makes available the UserWay Website Accessibility Widget that is powered by a dedicated accessibility server. The software allows our website to improve its compliance with the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG 2.1).
The UserWay Accessibility Widget
The UserWay Accessibility Widget can be enabled by either hitting the tab key when the page first loads or by clicking the icon on the top right hand corner of every page on this website. After triggering the accessibility menu, please wait a moment for the menu to load in its entirety. This will give you instant access to the following:
- keyboard navigation
- high screen contrast
- bigger text
- the ability to pause any animations
- the ability to make the cursor larger
- the ability to read the page (audio)
- it can highlight links
- it can alter text spacing
- it can arrange to be dyslexia friendly
- it has tool tips
We have also made the website text as simple as possible to understand.
AbilityNet has advice on making your device easier to use if you have a disability.
Disclaimer - how accessible is this website?
Mountfield Parish Council continues in its efforts to constantly improve the accessibility of its site and services in the belief that it is our collective moral obligation to allow seamless, accessible and unhindered use also for those of us with disabilities.
In an ongoing effort to continually improve and remediate accessibility issues, we also regularly scan the website with UserWay and PowerMapper to identify and fix every possible accessibility on our website.
Despite our efforts to make all pages and content on the website fully accessible, some content may not have yet been fully adapted to the strictest accessibility standards. This may be a result of not having found or identified the most appropriate technological solution.
We know that some parts of this website are not fully accessible:
- You cannot modify the line height or spacing of text
- Some older PDF documents are not fully accessible to screen reader software
- You cannot skip to the main content when using a screen reader.
We cannot guarantee the accessibility of the following:
- Legally required forms that must be posted on this website, for example, Councillors' Registers of Interests, the Annual Governance and Accountability Return (AGAR)
- Pages and posts from third parties, for example, the Tree Wardens, the Ramblers Association, Mountfield Parochial Church Council, posters for events etc.
- Links to third party websites, for example, East Sussex Council Council, Rother District Council etc.
This website is partially compliant with the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines version 2.1AA standard.
Here for you
If you are experiencing difficulty with any content on this website or require assistance with any part of our website, please contact as detailed below and we will be happy to assist you:
- email - firstname.lastname@example.org
- phone - 01424 838414
The Equality and Human Rights Commission (EHRC) is responsible for enforcing the Public Sector Bodies (Website and Mobile Applications) (No.2) Accessibility Regulations 2018 (the "accessibility regulations"). If you are not happy with how we respond to any complaint, contact the Equality Advisory and Support Service (EASS).