Sussex Police have advised us that they starting to see some farms being broken into again. They have asked all to be alert and take measures to protect property.
- Take several photographs, from different angles, especially any unique markings.
- Take notes of your serial and chassis numbers.
- Fit an immobiliser/tracker.
- Use clamps, locks and alarms.
- Keep machinery out of sight and locked away using as many barriers as possible.
- Keep gates closed, locked and alarmed where able.
- Mark your property, make it unique and easy to identify. Serial/chassis numbers are often scratched off, if the Police recover items it can be difficult to return an item if it is generic.
- If you have had machinery stolen before, try to keep it in a different location, thieves know that you will replace it as you need it for your work, so they will most likely return and they already know the layout of your land.
- If you have security posters, move them around frequently, people only notice them for around 3 months, moving them shows you are alert to your security.
- Lighting - thieves don't like lighting as it draws attention.
- CCTV - ideally cameras that are linked to your phone can alert you to the fact that someone is breaking into your property and you can call the Police immediately.
- Don't leave your keys in the ignition.
- Report any suspicious activity to the Police, theives often scope the area beforehand.
- Making as many barriers as possible increases the time and effort it takes for someone to steal your equipment.
If you are interested in applying/more details, please contact Sussex Police and Crime Panel directly via the links below.
From: Ninesh Edwards
Sent: 14 April 2021 09:41
To: Trevor Leggo
Sussex Police and Crime Panel is looking for two Independent Members, to each serve a maximum five-year term. Applicants should live in Sussex. The Panel has the statutory task of holding Sussex Police and Crime Commissioner to account. We’ve had a significant level of interest from parish councillors when the position has been advertised in the past.
More details can be found here: https://www.westsussex.gov.uk/jobs/job-search-details/?nPostingId=74632&nPostingTargetId=85825&id=PA8FK026203F3VBQBV7QW798C&LG=UK&mask=baconfig
I would be grateful for any help you could provide in publicising the opportunity within your parish council networks, as you have done to good effect previously!
The ad was first published on Monday, with a closing date of 14 May.
Thanks for any help, and best wishes,
Ninesh Edwards - pronouns he/him
Senior Advisor, Democratic Services
West Sussex County Council, Room 102 (Cabinet Office), 1st Floor, County Hall, Chichester PO19 1RQ
Worth letting the Mountfield community know about these recent burglaries in Brightling.
- A quad bike.
- A large quantity of tack.
- Three English Springer Spaniels.
Please stay vigilant and keep a very close eye on your precious pets.
Please report anything suspicious to the Police, using their on-line form -
Click on this link for Sussex Police on-line 101